Today we learn how to make Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani is a famous dish of Punjab. which is undeniably the most popular recipe served in any restaurant. The primary ingredients are whole black lentil, red kidney beans, butter, and cream. The dish gets its richness from the use of cream & butter, but it can also be prepared with milk or without using any dairy. It tastes best when served with naan, Missi roti or jeera rice. You can prepare this delicious recipe for your family and friends. We are sure that they will find it amazingly delicious. Everyone says that dal makhani needs time to cook that’s why some people drop the idea of making dal makhani at home but today I am sharing a quick recipe to make dal makhani so you can easily make it in less time. Here is the step to step procedure to cook dal makhani.
3 quick tips for making your dal makhani awesome
1. Always use whole spices at the time of boiling dal.
2. It’s important to add a good amount of cream or butter in dal makhani to make it yumm.
3. The more slow-cooked dal makhani is, the better it tastes.
Ingredients for Dal Makhani:-
- 1 cup whole urad dal
- ½ cup red kidney beans
- Salt according to taste
- 1 to 2 Whole black cardamom
- 1 to 2 Tej patta
- 1-2 Whole red chili
- Enough water for boiling
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp jeera
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 to 2 black cardamom
- 2 green chili
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cream
- Fresh butter 1 cup
- 1 cup coriander chopped
Method to make Dal Makhani:
- First of all, Wash and soak rajma and urad dal in enough water overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- Drain all the water from soaked lentils.
- Add drained lentils with whole spices ( black cardamom, tej patta, red chili ).
- Pressure cook for 7 to 8 whistles on a high flame till both the lentils have cooked thoroughly & softened.
- For making dal makhani thick & creamy leave it on low flame for about 20 to 30 minutes so that it mixes well.
- After that, Blend to large chopped tomatoes in a blender and make a smooth puree. There is no need to blanch tomatoes before making the puree.
- For making tadka in a pan heat 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Add the jeera & black cardamom let them crackle.
- Saute till the spices become aromatic.
- Then add garlic, green chili & onions and fry till it turns light golden.
- Mix tomato puree and spices like red chili & coriander powder.
- Cook till masala leaves oil.
- Then add 2 tbsp of cream & stir well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the bhuna masala is ready you can add the pressure cooked Rajma and dal, and bring to boil. If you want your Dal Makhani to be smooth, you can grind the masala first and then add the dal and Rajma.
- Add some garam masala & chopped coriander & stir well.
- Off the flame add butter & serve hot with naan, chapati & rice.
If you like this recipe please share it with your family & friends.
If you are looking for more recipes do check
- Dahi Bhalla Recipe
- Chocolate milkshake
- French fries recipe
- Corn pizza recipe
- Macaroni pasta recipe
- Fried rice recipe
now you can follow me on my social links:-
Follow me on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/fooddairies5/
Also on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/DairiesFood
Like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/fooddairies5/
Link To My Blog – www.fooddairies.com
Click here to Subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyhR0002-Lr2g85jv_HNWQ?view_as=subscriber