Today we learn how to make Masala Rajma
Rajma is a popular & most favorite dish among Punjabi people. it is made with kidney beans & lots of spices are used to make its curry. its curry is usually spicy, creamy & tangy. Rajma is served with rice & chapati. if you are looking for a different taste from usual rajma there is one tip at the time of tadka when you are adding spices add some tomato ketchup in it and feel the difference.
Ingredients for rajma recipe:-
for boiling Rajma:-
- 1 cup rajma
- whole spices(black pepper, black cardamom, cloves)
- 3 cup of water
- Salt according to taste
For making masala:-
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion paste
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves(chopped)
- 1 tbsp jeera
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- For making rajma take 1 cup of rajma and soak them overnight.
- After soaking rajma overnight drain out all the water & put aside.
- Now we start boiling rajma take a cooker and add rajma, water, salt & whole spices in it.
- Boil until 5 to 6 whistles and turn off the gas.
- Let’s start preparing tadka for masala rajma curry.
- Take a pan to add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- when oil starts heating add jeera in it.
- when it starts to crackle add onion paste and fry till it turns golden.
- Now add tomato paste and fry for it 2 minutes.
- After adding tomato puree add red chili powder, garam masala powder & turmeric powder in a pan and fry until the paste leaves oil.
- Add boiled rajma in masala and boil for 5 minutes and thicken the gravy.
- If you want your curry less thick to add some boiled water in your gravy & boil rajma for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice & chapati.