Welcome to food dairies
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
Sabudana( also known as sago/tapioca pearls ) khichdi is a western Indian dish usually made during the season of fasting like Navratri, Ekadashi, mahashivratri but you can also make it anytime. This khichdi doesn’t use lots of spices or herbs and that’s because it’s often made during the fasting season and lots of spices or herbs are prohibited to be eaten during that time. so for enhancing its taste you can include tomatoes & boiled potato in it. However, in spices, we simply use rock salt & black paper. This recipe is vegan & gluten-free. A lot of people find it hard to make sabudana khichdi because of its sticky nature that’s why today I’m explaining you a step-by-step recipe for making sabudana khichdi without stickiness. you can serve sabudana khichdi with chilled yogurt.
Ingredients for sabudana khichdi:-
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2 dry red chili
- ½ tsp black paper
- Salt according to taste
- 1 cup tomato
- 1 cup boiled potato
- First of all, Take 1 cup sabudana & wash it until the water turns clear.
- Soak sabudana with an equal amount of water for 4 to 5 hours to prevent it from sticking.
- After that drain all of the water by pressing sabudana in between your palms.
- Spread it on napkin allow it to dry for Half an hour.
- For making sabudana khichdi please take a pan & heat 2 tsp of desi ghee.
- Add jeera & red chili in hot oil.
- When jeera seeds start to crackle put chopped tomatoes & cook for two minutes.
- Now add boiled potato and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt & black paper and cook for some time.
- Put dried out sabudana in a pan & mix well.
- Khichdi is almost ready just cook for few more minutes.
- Add some coriander that makes it even more tasty.
- Finally, serve with chilled yogurt.
If you appreciate this recipe make sure you share it with all your friends & family.
Do like & subscribe to my channel.
now you can follow me on my social links:-
Follow me on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/fooddairies5/
Follow me on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/DairiesFood
Like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/fooddairies5/
Link To My Blog – www.fooddairies.com
Click here to Subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyhR0002-Lr2g85jv_HNWQ?view_as=subscriber