Today we learn how to make Aloo Tikki Chaat.
Aloo Tikki chaat is a popular snack in north India most popular in Delhi region made using spiced potatoes, spice powders, arrowroot & chana dal and served with curd & sweet & sour chutneys seasoned with spices.
You can deep fry, shallow fry & pan fry in a nonstick pan if you are health conscious. You can also eat it as a cutlet with tea or coffee.
Ingredients for Tikki Chaat:-
- 7 to 8 boiled potato
- 1 cup soaked chana dal
- 1 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- ½ cup coriander chopped
- 1 cup curd
- Green chutney
- Red chutney
- Salt according to taste
- ½ tbs Red chili
- 1 tbs Amchur powder
- 1 tbs roasted cumin powder
- Oil for frying
Method to make Tikki Chaat:
- First of all, Rinse & boil potatoes in a pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistles or you can also microwave them for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let them cool then remove the skin and mash them.
- For making Tikki dough take a big bowl to add potatoes in it.
- Now add all the spices like red chili, amchur powder, roasted jeera powder, and salt.
- Mix it well and add dal, coriander & arrowroot and make a dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts and make balls.
- Flatten them to make it to tikki shape.
- Heat oil in a pan & shallow fry them till golden from both sides.
- Always make thin tikki & fry them on low flame to that it is properly cooked & made fully crisped.
- Once done drain the tikki on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Now we start plating tikki.
- take 2 tikki in a plate spread some curd, green chutney & red chutney on it.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, salt & roasted cumin powder on it.
- You can also add some onions & coriander for garnish.
If you like this recipe please share it with your family & friends.
If you are looking for more recipes do check
now you can follow me on my social links:-
Follow me on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/fooddairies5/
Follow me on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/DairiesFood
Like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/fooddairies5/
Link To My Blog – www.fooddairies.com
Click here to Subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyhR0002-Lr2g85jv_HNWQ?view_as=subscriber