Today we learn how to make Bombay Sandwich.
Bombay Sandwich is very popular street food in Mumbai. A quick vegetable sandwich that can be assembled in a few minutes. These sandwiches are not only popular in Mumbai but also in every part of India. Usually, Bombay sandwich is not grilled but I make grilled once because it tastes better than the simple ones and never gets soggy. Bombay sandwiches are made of bunches of vegetables like potato, onion, capsicum, tomato, and cucumber. You can use any of the bread white or whole wheat according to your choice and green chutney is also adds in this sandwich that can be made at home or also you can buy it from outside.
Ingredients for Bombay Sandwich:-
- 2 bread slices
- 1 potato boiled & thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced into thin circles
- cucumber sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 capsicum thinly sliced
- salt according to taste
- Black pepper according to taste
- Butter softened at room temperature
- Green chutney
- First of all, Preheat sandwich griller.
- Spread a thick layer of butter on bread slices.
- Apply the coriander chutney to the slices.
- Layer the veggies slice one by one first onion then potato, cucumber, tomato and then the top of that capsicum.
- Sprinkle some salt & black pepper on top of veggies.
- Cover it with another slice of bread.
- Also, spread some butter on top of the bread slice.
- Your sandwich is now ready to be grilled.
- Place the sandwich in griller with the buttered side facing down so that it didn’t stick to the surface.
- The sandwich is almost done just apply some butter on another side of the slice and let them grill.
- Finally, take out the sandwich from griller and serve hot with tomato ketchup because it can be soggy after getting cool. In addition, we can also serve some fries with a sandwich.
If you like this recipe please share it with your family & friends.
Most noteworthy always use whole wheat bread for a healthier option.
looking for more recipes do check
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Dal Makhani
- Dahi Bhalla
- Corn pizza recipe
- Macaroni pasta recipe
- Fried rice recipe
- Protein Maggi
now you can follow me on my social links:-
Follow me on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/fooddairies5/
Also on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/DairiesFood
Like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/fooddairies5/
Link To My Blog – www.fooddairies.com
Click here to Subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyhR0002-Lr2g85jv_HNWQ?view_as=subscriber