Today we learn how to make Dahi Bhalla.
Dahi Bhalla chaat is one of the tastiest street food in India & very popular in north India like in Delhi & Punjab. Deep fried urad dal pakoras combine with chilled curd & colorful chutneys with sprinkled roasted cumin powder, Red chili & black pepper.
Ingredients for Dahi Bhalla:-
- 250 gm white urad dal(soaked overnight)
- 1-inch ginger (chopped)
- 2 green chili (chopped)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp asafoetida
- 3 tbsp water for grinding
- 1 tsp raisins(kishmish)
- 7 to 8 cashews(chopped)
- oil for frying
- coriander leaves for garnish
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- green chutney
- red chutney
- 1 cup chilled curd
Method for making Dahi Bhalla:-
- For making Dahi Bhalla first we have to wash the dal well and soak it overnight.
- After soaking overnight drain all the excess water and blend the dal with ginger, asafoetida, green chili & salt into a thick paste.
- Add some water if needed transfer it in a bowl and blend it with your hands for 4 to 5 minutes until it is very light.
- Now add cashews & raisins in batter & cover the bowl and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take a bowl full of water and drop a small drop of batter into a bowl if the batter immediately starts floating over the water it means the batter is ready.
- Hot oil in a pan for frying the vada.
- Wet your hands with water & take a small portion of batter in your palms make it into round shape & drop into hot oil.
- Fry all the vada until they are slightly browned.
- Soak vada in water for 10 minutes then press vada lightly for removing excess water.
- For serving arrange vada in a plate add some curd on top on vada then add some green chutney & red chutney according to your taste.
- You can make it spicier by adding extra green chutney or you can make it more sweet by adding more red chutney it totally depends on your taste.
- Then sprinkle salt, chaat masala, red chili & roasted cumin powder on top of vada.
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds & coriander and serve it chilled & fresh.