Today we learn to make matar paneer recipe
Matar paneer is a vegetarian north Indian recipe consisting of peas & paneer with rich gravy spiced with garam masala & garnished with coriander & Kasuri methi. you can serve it with rice as well as with chapati. here I am explaining you restaurant style shahi matar paneer step by step. Also, you get the video link below for visual experience.
Ingredients to make matar paneer:-
- Paneer – 250 gms(fried)
- Peas(Matar) – 250 gms(boiled)
- Oil – 2 Tsp
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 cup (chopped)
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves
- Ginger – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Green Chilies – 2-3
- Salt – According to taste
- Red chilly powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 Tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 Tsp
- Coriander (chopped for garnish)
- Let’s start making matar panner first you need to heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add jeera and black cardamom in oil and allow it to crackle.
- Put garlic, ginger, and onion & fry them until they turn golden in color.
- Now put tomatoes & green chili and saute until the oil begins to leave the edges.
- Switch off the gas and allow tadka to cool down.
- After Five minutes blend the mix & put in a bowl.
- Take the same pan switch on the gas add 1 tsp oil.
- Add the paste in hot oil.
- Add all the spices like salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder & ketchup.
- Fry until oil leaves the edges.
- Slow down the flame & mix water and milk in a pan and stir continuously until it starts boiling.
- when the curry turns thicker add peas & paneer in it and boil it for another Five minutes.
- Garnish it with kasuri methi & coriander and enjoy it with rice or chapati.