Today we learn how to make veg pulav.
There are different ways to cook rice in different part of India today I am sharing with u a north Indians favorite dish Veg pulav or vegetable rice is basically a north Indian dish but loved all over in India it is made with rice and vegetables that you can add according to your choice combined with whole spices and garnished with coriander leaves loved by every age group easy to make it just takes 10 minutes to cook. you can eat it for lunch as well as dinner.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cup of water
- 2 tsp oil
- whole spices( green cardamom, black cardamom, black pepper, cloves, tej patta, cumin seeds)
- Salt according to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup Vegetables according to your choice( peas, carrot, onion, beans)
- For making veg pulav wash 1 cup rice 2 to 3 times and put aside.
- Now take a pressure cooker and add 2 tsp of oil in it after drying it.
- After heating oil add whole spices like (green cardamom, black cardamom, black pepper, cloves, tej patta, cumin seeds).
- when they start to crackle add sliced onions and fry it until they turn golden.
- Add other vegetables like peas, carrot & beans and fry them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now add rice, salt & red chili powder and mix it well add 2 cups of water & close the lid wait for 2 whistles. (to make rice nonsticky add some lemon juice in it.)
- After 2 whistles turn off the flame and wait for 5 minutes until steam gets off( don’t open the pressure cooker ).
- Open the lid transfer the pulav in a bowl garnish veg pulav with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- You can also add some lemon juice for enhancing its taste.